In 1887 Edward Robinson established a farm east of Guildford and adjacent to the railway line, he named his brick dwelling "Belle View". The town became known as Bellevue from 1900 when population exceeded 600 mainly due to the large cluster of brickworks and government workers homes.
Leaving Bellevue and heading east towards Stuart Street you will come across some artworks structures on the trail that acknowledge the history and importance that the railway line played in connecting people to travel.
Boya – meaning "Rock" was established in 1901 when a new government quarry began extracting huge granite blocks to complete the moles at Fremantle Harbour Scheme. The Boya section of the railway was notorious for it's sharp curves and steep gradients and one particular curve became known as "Cape Horn" due to the ever present danger around the bend. This danger became apparent in 1895 when Engine No. 1 – 'Katie" left the rails at Cape Horn and ploughed up the embankment for nearly 50 metres. All 3 crewman survived after jumping for their lives, however the driver Elis Peake was fined 3 weeks' pay for not remaining with "his engine to the last".